PROJECT OVERVIEW : FOUR PILLARS download the plan
1) TEMPLE OF UNITY
• 9,600 square feet plus 2,000 square feet balcony area
• Darbars and Mandirs
• Meditation, Havan and Prayer Hall
• Dedicated area for your Deities, Gods and Gurus
• Facilities for discourses on holy scriptures
• Facilities for lectures and discussions on spiritual topics
2) INDIA HERITAGE COMMUNITY CENTER * CENTER OF PERFORMING
• 13,800 square feet plus 2,500 square feet of balcony, 2,600 square
feet of lobby space.
• Full facilities for weddings, ceremonies, cultural and family
• Center for Senior Citizens with an array of services
• Classrooms for children’s Language, Arts & Crafts and enrichment
• Facility for yoga, dance and music practice and recitals
• Display area for Indian Art – permanent exhibits and exhibits
from Artists and other Museums
• Facilities for children’s activities and youth programs
3) MUSEUM OF INDIA JOURNEY TO THE USA
• 2,500 square feet of our current Temple building will be converted
into a museum
• The museum will be open to all audiences especially children of
schools in our area
• Display of the Recorded History (Videos/Audios) of our immigration
to the USA
• Narratives of our experiences and achievements
• Stories of our social integration within the adopted homeland
of the USA
• Profile of our families and their histories in the USA
• Profiles of scientists, leaders, scholars, saints and other visionaries
4) GANGA SAGAR MEDITATION & SCULPTURE GARDENS
• Native Americans believe that the pond on the property was formed
by a meteorite, and that unique forces of nature mysteriously keep
the pond’s water level always higher than Ramapo River’s, which
runs across from our property.
• The pond will be cleaned in accordance with the state laws. Water
from the river Ganges will be brought from India and merged with
the pond waters. A meandering brook will be designed to flow
around the 1.2 acres of gentle slopes that surround the pond.
Lush gardens, gazebos and areas for quiet contemplation and meditation
will be created around the pond. Facilities for outdoor special
occasions will be provided.
• Open-air concerts, weddings and other ceremonies could be performed
amidst picturesque surroundings.
• Sculptures dedicated to Peace, Non-violence, and Unity-in-Diversity
will be placed aesthetically within the gardens.